Post by tremembe on Apr 2, 2018 21:17:43 GMT -5
I only ask because a friend of mine who is one of those ´deep-thinking-outside-the-box´ types and knows almost next-to-nothing about this case, was reading about it when he realised my interest and one of the first things he asked me was:
¨Why did they cut the telephone wires?¨
And my immediate reaction was ¨Errr...I don´t know. To stop people in the house calling out?¨
Him: ¨why would they call out if they had no idea anyone was coming inside? Would they even have chance to during he home-invasion?¨
To-and-fro we went over this and his basic deduction without going into the real nitty-gritty of the case was ¨it looks like a basic robbery gone-wrong¨
- Cutting telephone wires would be only to stop people calling after a robbery - why else do it? If you´re going there solely to murder people, cutting the telephone wires is completely irrelevant
- The rope - 43´ in length. That´s a long length just to hang people with. The rope was taken to tie-up and restrain the occupants of the house to further stop them from alerting the police
- The fact that almost immediately Tex Watson told Susuan Atkins to take Abigal Folger and get some money - cash. Anything else, credit cards, possessions are pretty much traceable. Otherwise, why leave a 1968 Porsche 911S in the drive?
- Almost immediately when the returned, Tex Watson, possibly pissed-off at the meagre amount started issuing threats: ¨Eveyone get on the floor - you´re all gong to die¨
- Following this and Jay Sebring´s attempt at counter-resistance.....BEDLAM, out-of-control, frantic hysteria by a bunch of kids with knives against a bunch of Hollywood residents trying to flee the scene.
Could this entire sorry case have been just because of a botched-robbery by some impressionable, drugged-up kids to get money to post bail for Bobby Beausoleil?
I dunno, the more I readand think about this case, the more I think it wasn´t as weird and fucked-up as it appears.